Pecan Place Apartment is a five-story renovated apartment building located in downtown Denton, TX, which opened in December 1996, to offer affordable housing to low-income seniors.
Each unit has a living/dining area, bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom. The bottom floor is completely furnished, and has a foyer, parlor, library, dining room, laundry room, sun room, resident recreation room, and other offices. Residents participate in activities such as arts, crafts, and exercising, pot lucks, and Resident meetings. Holiday parties are planned by residents and staff. Pecan Place also offers on-site management staff and 24-hour maintenance service.
Residents must be 62 years of age or older and must meet required income limits. Residents pay rent based on their income through the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program. Please visit our Section 8 page for more information, forms, and other program requirements.
All of our apartments at Pecan Place include the following amenities:
- Antenna hook-ups
- Telephone hook-ups
- Central Heat & Air Conditioning
- Spacious Community Room
- 24 hour Answering Service
- Public Transportation Stop
- Full-time Maintenance Staff
- Full-time Management Staff
- Management Sponsored Parties
- Laundry Facilities
- Keypad Security Entry
HUD places a high priority on preventing fraud. If your application or recertification forms contain false or incomplete information, you may be:
- * Evicted from your apartment or house
- * Required to repay all overpaid rental assistance you received
- * Fined up to $10,000
- * Imprisoned for up to 5 years and/or
- * Prohibited from receiving future assistance.